Tactical Tech is an international NGO, with an office in Berlin, which works with an international network of partners to assist rights, accountability and transparency advocates and activists to use information and digital technologies effectively in their work.
Interested Candidates should have:
- at least 4 years practical experience as an Editor, especially within an international NGO or non-profit context;
- native English;
- excellent writing and copy-editing skills and a proven ability to write in a non-academic, engaging manner and to translate technical concepts into accessible language;
- intermediate to advanced understanding of techniques of investigative journalism; a
- attention to detail and ability to fact-check highly technical concepts;
- published work samples;
- ability to deliver on-time under tight deadlines and to respond to feedback in timely manner;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- experience working internationally and a sensitivity to political situations, culture and different views of the world;
- demonstrable commitment to Tactical Tech's mission and values, including an understanding of geopolitical contexts in which Tactical Tech's work is carried out.
If you are interested in collaborating with us please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (tag: Editor) with your CV, a list of links to published material (or attached sample pieces), a note explaining why you're interested in consulting with us and your approximate daily consultancy rate. Please submit these documents as a pdf.
The PGP Key fingerprint for email@example.com is: B468 3189 57AF DB42 ACF2 DD8B 2F2E D124 AF9E C238.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the project. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to respond to individual phone and email inquiries.