The Digital Enquirer Kit is an e-learning course that guides learners through lessons on how to prevent the spread of misinformation, available on the free platform atingi.org. The course covers topics including media literacy, verification, and how to navigate the internet safely.
The first four modules have been authored by Tactical Tech:
- Module 1: Identifying and Responding to Misinformation
- Module 2: Verifying Online Information
- Module 3: Collaborating on and Documenting Your Digital Enquiry
- Module 4: Examining and Sharing Your Findings
The content contains simple explanations and real-world examples, illustrating secure research and information-gathering methods. The modules feature engaging and creative formats such as tutorials, quizzes, and interactive games. The contents are data-light and available in offline mode via the free atingi Android app.
The Digital Enquirer Kit is available in English (including West African, East African, South African, and Southeast Asian dialects), Arabic, Bahasa Indonesian, Brazilian Portuguese, French, Hausa, Hindi, Sinhala, and Swahili, among other languages.
The Digital Enquirer Kit is interesting for:
- Journalists, Researchers, investigators and evidence seekers
- Civil society organisations and rights groups
- Experts & decision-makers
- Other organisations or individuals interested in building and expand their skills in verification
We would like to thank the people listed below for their significant contributions to the project (names listed in alphabetical order by last name).
Developed by Tactical Tech and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) during the 2020 Smart Development Hack.
Developed by Tactical Tech (Yiorgos Bagakis and Marek Tuszynski) and La Loma.
Content for Modules 1-4
- Project Lead: Safa Ghnaim
- Co-developed and written by: Denisse Albornoz, Safa Ghnaim, Christy Lange, Nikita Mazurov, and Richard Ngamita.
- Thank you to: Nina Brandner (GIZ), Peter Drahn (GIZ), Daniela Divjak (GIZ), Wael E, Salomé Eggler (GIZ), Laura Hartmann (GIZ), Louise Hisayasu, Laura Ranca, Marek Tuszynski, and content testers in the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) for their feedback and comments as we developed the materials; and to Rachel Wilkinson for organisational support.
- Digital production and designs: p-Didakt
- Funded by: the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the European Union (EU).
- License: Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0), Tactical Tech and GIZ.