Call for a Podcast Producer – short term, part-time position with “Exposing the Invisible”
Our Exposing the Invisible project team is looking for a short-term podcast producer. The ideal candidate will help us develop a concept for and run the implementation of a series of brief inspiring and informative podcasts directed to a wide audience and focused on topics related to innovative investigation methods, cases and community engagement with investigations.
The podcast series will be part of our work with “Exposing the Invisible: The Kit” – a collaborative, self-learning resource that makes investigative techniques and practices used by experienced investigators more accessible to people and communities who feel motivated to start their own investigations, collect and verify information, build evidence and create a better understanding of issues without losing sight of ethical or safety considerations.
You would be responsible for:
- overseeing all aspects of audio production of podcast episodes including recording, editing and publication;
- suggesting and developing ideas for episodes;
- contributing to scripts and outlines of podcast episodes;
- identifying, contacting, and booking relevant experts or interviewees for episodes based on the episode’s topic;
- conducting relevant background research on episode topics.
- experience in audio production and podcasting;
- experience with preparing and conducting interviews;
- recording expertise in studio and in the field;
- audio editing;
- fact checking and research skills;
- exceptional content writing and editing skills;
- skilled in storytelling;
- proficient in English;
- a demonstrated connection to our values.
Other details about the position:
- this will be a short-term collaboration during June, July, August 2021 (podcast episodes to be produced and launched on rolling basis);
- with a part-time contract for approximately 2.5 days a week, some flexibility is welcome;
- candidate should be preferably based in a timezone close to CET (Central European Time) but also able to work across multiple timezones, for reasons of communication and coordination with interviewees.
When applying, please send:
- your CV;
- a brief letter of interest;
- links to any samples of relevant work.
Apply by: 5 June, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org (please write “Podcast Producer – application” in the subject line)
About us and our values:
Exposing the Invisible (ETI) is a Tactical Tech project that has been actively experimenting with ways to promote investigation as one of the most important forms of public engagement. Through a series of films, interviews, guides and resources like the ETI Kit, our team looks at different techniques, tools and methods along with the individual practices of those working at the new frontiers of investigation.
Tactical Tech has an international team of approximately 30 staff, mostly based in Berlin, but also working remotely. Our backgrounds are in human rights, art, investigation, development, technology, and many more areas. We work within a culture of curiosity to use creative and iterative processes to challenge existing narratives about the relationship between technology and society with positive, practical solutions. Our work is based on iterative approaches. We foster a working environment in which we can learn from our successes and mistakes and allow each other to grow. We carry out our work with integrity, in collaboration with partners to ensure that our solutions are practical, accessible, context specific and appropriate. Our team reflects the diversity of our audiences and we respect and support each other and the capabilities that everyone brings to our work towards our collective goals.
Illustration by Ann Kiernan