Tactical Tech is looking for partner individuals, organisations, or collectives in Southwest Asia and North Africa (SWANA) to collaborate with THE DATA DETOX KIT.
The Data Detox Kit is a set of step-by-step guides that helps people reflect upon their interactions with technology and, learn how to gain more control over their data privacy, security and find balance with their well-being. There are also numerous online and in-person workshop materials based on the guides. The past years have focused on localizing and expanding resources, which are now available in 36 languages.
We would like to connect with new partners in SWANAregions, in order to help build their capacity and to further develop materials with their help and expertise. To do so, we are seeking partners who are interested in the following areas:
- Running Data Detox workshops (using our existing curricula or creating new curricula).
- Training other trainers (e.g. educators, librarians) about the Data Detox Kit.
- Outreaching/distributing existing Data Detox materials.
- Feedbacking or inputting on the existing Data Detox materials.
- Creating something new based on the Data Detox Kit (e.g. podcasts, videos, games, etc.).
Activities would need to take place between September and the end of October 2022.
Who can apply?
In order to be eligible for this partnership call, individuals, organizations, or collectives must meet all of the below criteria:
- Be currently working in Southwest Asia and North Africa (SWANA).
- Work on some aspects of digital literacy.
- Have the capacity to carry out these activities between September until October 2022.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to help shape the project.
- Honorarium (possible between 250 EUR and up to 3000 EUR, depending on activities and availability of funds)
- Promotion within our networks (approx. 6000 monthly newsletter subscribers, 48000 Twitter followers, and more across social media).
- The chance to join a community of like-minded individuals.
- Materials and resources that you can use for your own projects, including those which have not yet been published.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying, please click on the link below. Be as specific as possible with your concepts. We’ll contact successful applicants to take the conversation further in the next few weeks.
Application deadline: 28 August 2022
Application link: https://lime.ttc.io/index.php/489547?lang=en
For any questions or more information, please contact us at email@example.com