[Intership opportunity] Design Internship
Tactical Tech's Products Team is looking for a Design Intern to assist with our print materials and public facing websites. This internship position offers a unique insight into the digital product design work of a highly visible international organisation working on a variety of projects and topics with multiple partners around the world.
Tactical Tech is a Berlin based non-profit working internationally to create a world where digital technologies can contribute to a more equitable, democratic and sustainable society.
Tactical Tech offers an internship position for the students, especially those looking to complete their obligatory student internship (Praktikum).
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of Tactical Tech’s Product Team, attend weekly and daily meetings
- Assisting Product Team’s lead and Senior designer in a plethora of design projects from print design, branding, digital illustration to UI and information design.
- Helping with maintaining and applying Tactical Tech’s branding by supporting the communications team.
- Work directly with the various Tactical Tech project teams under the supervision of the Product team’s senior designer.
- Working collaboratively with external freelance designers but also independently in a remote work environment.
What skills and experience might help you to succeed and learn in this position:
- Diverse portfolio showcasing both print and web projects with a strong typographic sense;
- Comfortable working with Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop and Figma or Sketch;
- Commitment and team player;
- Hands-on approach and interest in society and technology;
- Fluent in English;
How does it work
- This is a limited-term internship starting between August and October 2022 and finishing in March 2023.
- We offer an internship contract with a modest remuneration accordingly to the internship status (Pflichtpraktikum, a working student, internship).
- This post is based in Berlin: a legal entitlement to work in Germany or a university enrolment is required.
- The internship can take place in the office or partly remotely. An availability to access the Berlin office is an essential part of the role. We remain mindful of the Covid-19 pandemic, following any changes in workplace requirements and safety measures.
- The working language of the organisation is English
As with any position at Tactical Tech, we cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. Tactical Tech is committed to achieving this through the application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and non-discrimination policy in all aspects of employment and work. We strongly encourage applications from members of any marginalized communities and individuals whose identities are under-represented in this profession.
How to apply
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Design Intern” with your CV and a portfolio in PDF format (preferably in one file) outlining your suitability for the post and your availability. The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to respond to individual phone and email inquiries.