Tactical Tech is looking for a committed and engaged person interested in learning and growing while using their professional skills within our Development team. The Development team is responsible for fundraising, grant management, partnership management, monitoring and evaluation as well as organisational communications. This new role of Administrator is being established to improve the efficiency across these functions as they impact the wider organisation.
Tactical Tech works on challenges of data-driven technologies. We strive to create a world where digital technologies can contribute to a more equitable, democratic and sustainable society. If you like working on a vast array of functions relating to organisation development and would like to become part of a diverse and dynamic team in a Berlin-based international NGO, this would be a perfect match!
This position is an exciting opportunity to support fundraising and grant management tasks, coordinate administration and data collection for partnership management and M&E processes, and support communications actions. You will work closely with the Development Director, and support and collaborate with other areas such as the finance and communications functions as well as with project teams.
Some of the detailed role responsibilities include:
- Fundraising: researching and following funding opportunities with oversight of deadlines as well as supporting application process and administration;
- Grant Management: coordinating grant management task-timeline including set-up and managing an administration system for contract management and compliance;
- Monitoring and Evaluation: working closely with the project teams to collect the information and support them in working along the system for results monitoring and evaluation;
- Partnership Management: working closely with the project teams to coordinate collecting information around work with partners and support the projects in partnership management and administration;
- Communications: supporting organisation communication in particular through updating website, social media and monthly newsletter as well as maintaining reach statistics
- You work reliably and take ownership and responsibility for your tasks. You are flexible and team-oriented. You feel confident working within different teams across the organisation.
- You have great organisational skills, are meticulous and detail oriented.
- You feel confident organising spreadsheets, reports and logs, maintaining filing and archiving systems, such as for documents, text samples or images.
- You have at least 2 years’ experience ideally working in a project coordination role with strong focus on grant administration or in administrative assistant or secretarial position, preferably in a non-profit organisation. You have a basic understanding of non-profit fundraising and grant management.
- Experience working with partners and stakeholders from diverse and international backgrounds is an asset. You understand and are sensitive to political situations and different world views.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is necessary for this job. Additional languages, in particular German, are an asset. Tactical Tech's working language is English.
- We work in a collaborative and supportive way, you will enjoy working with us if you are committed to an active listening and learning culture.
- Demonstrable commitment to Tactical Tech's mission and values, interest in issues related to the topics related to democracy, civil liberties, human rights.
- Tactical Tech’s team is Berlin-based, and preference will be given to candidates with an existing legal right to work in Germany.
- A full-time position for a limited term, 12-month contract, starting February. We hope to extend this position, depending on available funds, organisational needs and performance.
- Competitive salary within the non-governmental sector in Berlin.
- International, lively and friendly team of engaged professionals.
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, with team members from various places in the world and backgrounds, who bring in a variety of professional and personal experiences and dedication to Tactical Tech’s values and goals.
- Tactical Tech is committed to equal employment opportunity for all.
- Flexible work arrangements – core hours and possibility of remote work divided into in-person collaborative meetings and other tasks that can be performed remotely.
- An attractive place to work in the centre of Berlin.
- During the current Covid-19 pandemic, we mainly work remotely with in-person meetings dependent on the developments and restrictions in place.
If you are interested in the role, but are not sure you fulfill the criteria or have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Please apply by January 16th via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Development Administrator” with your CV and a covering letter in English (PDF format, preferably in one file) outlining your suitability for the post and your availability. Please provide two contacts for references from previous jobs, ideally similar positions. We would contact them at a later stage of recruitment process with your prior approval.
We don’t have capacity to provide feedback to all the candidates. We will reach out only to shortlisted candidates. Please note if you haven’t been contacted within 14 days from the application deadline, your application has been unsuccessful.
Tactical Tech is an international NGO whose mission is to build capacity at the intersection of human rights and technology in order to create more equitable, democratic and sustainable societies.
We explore how digital technologies affect rights, equity and sustainability and how they alter power structures. We work to build the capacity of civil society organisations and communities worldwide to explore and mitigate the impact of digital technologies on their immediate context and on society at large. Our work informs the responses of key stakeholders, provides practical solutions and enables our audiences to make more informed decisions and act with agency.