Part-time Office Administrator
Tactical Tech is an international NGO, with an office in Berlin, which strives to create a world where digital technologies can contribute to a more equitable, democratic and sustainable society.
You will be responsible for enabling a conductive working space and supporting the team with every day office administration and the organisation of internal events. You will also support the operations function with health and safety and insurance coverage. In this position you will need to pay great attention to detail and be a great communicator. You will be working directly with everyone in the team and contribute towards a friendly, positive and diverse working place.
- Organise the office space, including ordering supplies (stationary, refreshments and supplies for the kitchen and bathrooms), ensuring general office tidiness, errands, maintenance of equipment and arrange repairs as necessary (phones, printers, projectors).
- Greet visitors, answer calls, liaise with facility management, cleaners, caterers, travel agents and other suppliers.
- Organise internal events (retreats, internal trainings and workshops, celebrations, excursions, etc.), organise catering/ refreshments.
- Organise materials and storage and provide shipping support (customs, logistics, etc.)
- Support office-related filing and update contact lists, maintain comprehensive documentation.
- Support the operations team on updating on policy, guidelines and the insurance portfolio (including group travel).
- Excellent communication skills, fluent written and spoken German and conversational English.
- Well-organised and able to multi-task.
- Demonstrable commitment to Tactical Tech's mission and values, including an understanding of the geopolitical contexts in which Tactical Tech's work is carried out.
- Self-starter; able to work with limited supervision and to pro-actively seek information and solutions.
This is an entry level one-year part-time position (20h per week). We hope to extend this position, depending on available funds and performance. The annual gross salary will be 12,000 EUR. This post will be based in Berlin, Germany and you must be legally entitled to work in Germany. The working language of the organisation and this post is English.
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Office Administrator” with your CV and a covering letter in PDF format outlining your suitability for the post and your availability by 8th September 2019. Please also provide two referees for previous jobs where you’ve held a similar role.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately we do not have the capacity to respond to individual phone and email inquiries.