Tactical Tech is a Berlin based international NGO which strives to create a world where digital technologies can contribute to a more equitable, democratic and sustainable society.
We are looking for an experienced Fundraising Manager with strong organizational and interpersonal skills to lead fundraising coordination and conduct supporting communications activities. Your experience of working in the NGO sector and on grant proposal writing will be an essential asset, but most of all you will need to be a good story-teller with an ability to present our goals and achievements in an inspiring, structured way for the purpose of grant proposals, reports and external communications.
In this role you will be responsible for the overall coordination of extending the organisation’s fundraising, supporting project teams in their fundraising needs and plans, actively looking for possible funders and open calls for proposals. You will use your skills and strengths in information planning, structuring proposals in line with different funder’s requirements. In this role you will also support our donor relations and have an oversight of received grants and their scope, together with monitoring, evaluation and impact analysis and reporting overview.
Main responsibilities will include: fundraising coordination, grant overview and reporting, business development
Fundraising, grant writing
- Write grant proposals, manage grant renewals and reports. Research for potential open calls and grant opportunities.
- Research and prepare proposals for potential funders and major donors.
- Work with senior and project staff to develop, execute and submit grant proposals on time.
- Provide clear communication of our mission, strategy, and goals to the wider public and possible donors and funders.
- Work with Executive Director on funding research and relationship development, identifying suitable projects within the organization’s strategy in order to build cases for support.
- Provide oversight, direction and decision making on small scale grant applications and fees for services with project staff.
- Identify and develop processes and systems to support the growth of donor income streams.
Funders relations, grant overview
- Foster funder and donor relations.
- Lead grant management and reporting at an oversight level (liaison with Grants Manager).
- Oversee the monitoring, evaluation and impact analysis (with Partnership Coordinator).
- Support collaboration and capacity building of project staff in understanding and delivering on grants, developing proposals and writing effective reports.
- Provide input to annual report and feed into organisational communications.
Competencies required for this role
- Over 5 years of experience in working for international NGOs of similar scale and size
- 3+ years of experience in successful proposal and report writing and management; strategic fundraising communications in a comparable organisation, preferably in a medium sized international NGO.
- Excellent writing, editing skills for a variety of audiences.
- Excellent native level written English, other languages an asset.
- Excellent organising skills, great attention to detail, comfortable with iterative processes and working in a dynamic environment; good planning and problem solving ability.
- Excellent skills in using office software, content management and basic skills using design software such as Adobe Suite, experience of working with web development projects and using social media for communications.
- Hands-on and can-do approach; and ability to work independently and across teams, with limited supervision and to pro-actively seek information and solutions.
- Demonstrable commitment to Tactical Tech's mission and values including an understanding of the geopolitical contexts in which Tactical Tech's work is carried out.
An asset for this role:
- Knowledge and experience in working with different kind of ngo funding models, individual giving, foundation and government funding, impact investment.
- Contacts and knowledge of major donors fundraising landscape is a definite asset.
- Sensitivity to political situations and different views of the world as well as communicating in different cultural and social contexts.
This is a medium level position. The salary is based upon our internal salary scales, and is competitive for a Berlin-based non profit.
This is a two-year position which is tied to a current grant, with a six month probation period. This post will be based in Berlin, Germany and you must be legally entitled to work in Germany before applying.
The working language of the organisation and this post is English.
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Fundraising Manager” with your CV and a covering letter in PDF format outlining your suitability for the post, your expected salary and your availability by November 17th 2019.
Please also provide contacts to two referees from previous jobs, preferably HR or your supervisors, where you have held a similar role.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately we do not have the capacity to respond to individual phone and email inquiries.