Tactical Tech is an international NGO, with an office in Berlin, working to investigate the impact of digital technologies on society.
Our projects are renowned for their art direction and communication. We design to inform, inspire and antagonise. From awareness campaigns to core security training curricula, design at Tactical Tech is a challenging and rewarding discipline, turning technically difficult political and technological issues into relatable, accessible work.
As a user experience designer, you should have:
- a minimum of three years of relevant experience in digital industries;
- a solid understanding of user experience and/or information architecture backed by relevant tertiary qualifications or a strong portfolio of work;
- experience in iterative prototyping, user research and discovery;
- experience in user accessibility and a solid understanding across cultural and economic requirements for different target audiences;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- preferably fluency in written and spoken English;
- experience collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams in a cooperative and iterative fashion;
- experience interpreting and incorporating feedback from multiple stakeholders from within and beyond creative and engineering teams;
experience with one or more of the following software suites or programming languages:
- Keynote/Microsoft Powerpoint/LibreOffice Slideshow
- a process of documentation as part of your practice and handover;
- have integrated asset version control into your workflow (Git-based versioning a plus);
- an understanding of the geopolitical contexts in which Tactical Tech's work is carried out;
- and an understanding of the broader scope of Tactical Tech’s work
We are happy to accept applications from people working outside of Berlin however you must be comfortable, and have experinece, in working remotely.
Basic security training or familiarity with GPG, FOSS software and encryption best practices are a bonus.
If you are interested in collaborating with us please email your expression of interest to be included on the Roster to email@example.com (tag: UX Designer) with your CV, portfolio and your approximate daily consultancy rate. Please submit these documents as a pdf. The PGP Key fingerprint for firstname.lastname@example.org is: B468 3189 57AF DB42 ACF2 DD8B 2F2E D124 AF9E C238.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to respond to individual phone and email inquiries.