Tactical Tech is an international NGO, with an office in Berlin, working to investigate the impact of digital technologies on society.
We are inviting experienced Researchers who have a good understanding of Human Rights, Freedom of Expression and Privacy and Technology, specifically of Gender based violence and online harassment, or Politics of Data and data life cycles, to work with us on our projects on demand.
Interested Candidates should have:
- at least 5 years practical experience as a Researcher, especially within an international NGO or non-profit context;
- extensive experience with empirical research, particularly qualitative and quantitative research methods;
- fluency in written and spoken English;
- excellent writing skills and a proven ability to write in a non-academic, engaging manner for non-technical audiences in a number of formats;
- an advanced degree in a humanities or social sciences discipline;
- good knowledge of the debates and issues around digital privacy and security, freedom of expression, online harassment, politics of data and data life cycles, how activists and movements address online harassment;
- published work;
- ability to deliver on-time under tight deadlines;
- excellent skills in using open source office software;
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- experience working internationally and a sensitivity to political situations, culture and different views of the world;
- demonstrable commitment to Tactical Tech's mission and values, including an understanding of the geopolitical contexts in which Tactical Tech's work is carried out.
If you are interested in collaborating with us please email your interest to be included on the Roster to firstname.lastname@example.org (tag: Researcher) with your CV, a list (with online links) of your recent publications, and a note explaining why you're interested in consulting with us and your approximate daily consultancy rate. Please submit these documents as a pdf. The PGP Key fingerprint for email@example.com is: B468 3189 57AF DB42 ACF2 DD8B 2F2E D124 AF9E C238.
Only successful candidates will be contacted, when project work becomes available. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to respond to individual phone and email inquiries.